Today, almost every business has an online presence. Some stick to social media marketing to captivate customers, while others are developing business websites. After all, having a digital storefront increases the probability of sales and profits. People click on the website, surf through products and services, and checkout, completing their purchase decision in one go. Since the vast majority of purchases start with a Google search, why not optimize your web page for SEO?
It improves search engine visibility, making your eCommerce venture visible to a large pool of audiences. Likewise, it would help you rank specific product pages on the search engine, driving more organic traffic to your digital store. However, if you are only banking on paid searches and advertisements, you will be missing out on potential leads. Therefore, find smart ways to outrank competitors and bring your webpage to the top results.
You can captivate audiences with entertaining videos, improve user experience, and use the relevant keywords. Once your webpage makes it to the top results, you would automatically experience an influx of traffic. In case you are running short of brilliant ideas, have a look below. Here we are revealing five tips to attract organic traffic to your online website.
- Master On-Page SEO
Often, websites have incredible products and services, but low loading speed and navigation tools drive traffic away. Therefore, dig into on-page SEO elements to improve rankings and user experience. After all, the more readily people interact with your eCommerce business website, the higher conversions it will generate. Here are few steps to help you master eCommerce on-page SEO practices:
- Enable H1 & H2 Tags: These are universal headings that highlight your title and subheadings. And simultaneously, they pack an SEO link building company benefit, helping you organize content better. It doesn’t mean you should stuff the content with these headers. Only use one H1 tag per post to make it keyword focused.
- Use Alt Tags: Do you have visual media? If yes, use alt tags to describe your visual and video media. It will make it easier for the search engine to locate your page, helping you attract people who use text-only browsers.
- ● Optimize Descriptions & URLs: Although it is not a direct ranking factor, optimizing descriptions and URLs can help you stand on SERP. Thus, increasing the chances of clicks. You have to keep URLs short and straightforward, whereas Meta descriptions should explain why searchers click on your site.
- Streamline Link Building Strategy
Do you know how backlinks work? It provides a roadmap to Google spiders, helping them crawl to your site and leading to quicker indexing. Likewise, when other web pages link your site in their content, it sends a message of credibility to Google. Besides improving SEO for websites, building backlinks for your eCommerce store can drive organic traffic from other webpages. Hence, use custom images and visuals in your content marketing strategy.
Bloggers and content creators use images to back up their points, increasing the chances of backlinks. You can also conduct outreach reviews with influencers to direct referral sales. It will help you land a backlink and brand mention on high domain sites. Besides this, write guest posts on intriguing topics. You can talk about upcoming fashion trends, develop case studies, or create a stellar brand story.
- Target Keywords with Search Traffic Potential
People often search for products and services similar to yours but still can’t find your website, perhaps, because you are not using the same keywords. For instance, users might be looking for ‘legal services in California,’ while you have targeted ‘hire lawyers online.’ Therefore, perform in-depth keyword research to put your site in front of the audience. It would give you an incredible opportunity to capitalize on your target market’s points of interest.
For eCommerce keyword research, you have to opt for long-tail keywords to attract more traffic. Although ‘white sneakers’ will have a high search volume, the ranking difficulty will also be higher. Hence, to bring in more organic traffic, you need more than product-based keywords. Firstly, identify where the audience is on the funnel to target relevant keywords. Here are some tips.
- When searchers are at the top of the funnels, focus on targeting phrases that interest your niche. You have to provide value to the searchers and build passive brand awareness.
- Once people start looking for your brand, try to target product-oriented keywords, outlining its features and benefits.
- Lastly, at the bottom of the funnel, use keywords that have a high purchase intent. It will facilitate purchase decisions, boosting organic traffic and conversions.
- Develop a New Approach for Email Marketing
Are emails still a thing? Of course, yes. It is one of the most remarkable ways to drive traffic to your eCommerce store while boosting conversions. Since promotional emails are quite common, captivate audiences with a new approach. You can create eye-catching and meaningful newsletters that provide value to the subscriber. Feel free to include an additional discount voucher or give users free shipping.
Otherwise, use newsletters to spread the news about in-person events. You can also announce upcoming promotions or launch loyalty programs. Most importantly, automate abandoned cart notifications to remind users about their purchase. In addition to getting more clicks on the site and driving traffic, successful email campaigns can foster business growth.
- Create a Buzz
Surprisingly enough, social media, emails, and website traffic are on the rise. So, why not create buzz around your brand to attract organic traffic? After all, now is the time to tap into the world of public relations. You can make news by joining hands with another brand for a collaborative marketing campaign. In addition to benefiting from joint popularity, you can significantly increase your market share. Likewise, you can create pitches and get featured on local news or radio stations.
Moreover, get in touch with influencers in your niche since it is another way to create buzz around the products. For example, if you introduce a new product, disclose the news through an influencer social media account to create hype. You can also offer free product demos or giveaways to attract more people to your brand. Remember always to mention your brand name, product assortment, and contact details so that customers can reach out readily.
Usually, marketers believe SEO is best suited for software products and B2B organizations. In reality, B2C and eCommerce stores can also take advantage of SEO. It can enhance the user experience, use interactive content, and target relevant keywords to attract audiences. In short, a brilliant SEO strategy for the eCommerce business can generate higher traffic and boost conversions.