Continuous Positive Airway Pressure machine is a very effective treatment for sleep apnea. It is a common sleep disorder in which breathing is interrupted while sleeping at night. It shortens your life and leads to cardiovascular diseases like heart attacks and strokes. So when you use a CPAP machine, it may feel a little different when you sleep. But the moment you have the right machine and mask, the whole sleeping process becomes easier, and you can breathe. The use of this treatment will help you improve the quality of your sleep, and therefore you will feel healthier and much better than before.
Tips for the best care
You need to know that this machine maintains your health and increases your life; therefore, it is necessary to clean it well to stay healthy. Unfortunately, it cannot be washed in the dishwasher or with any liquid. Remember that it helps you breathe, so if you keep it dirty, all the germs will be inhaled by you.
- To wash your car with water, you should keep in mind that water and electricity are enemies, and therefore you should unplug your car.
- First, you should start cleaning the mask you use with the Lumin Australia CPAP machine to breathe through your nose or mouth. The better you clean, the better the machine will work. To clear this, you need to peel it off by detaching the mask and swivel from the tube that includes the helmet.
- You must disconnect the tube and remove it from the CPAP machine. You can create more moisturizers if you don’t do this while cleansing.
- Separate the humidifier from the CPAP machine and disassemble it into small pieces. If the pieces don’t come off easily, separate them properly so you can easily move on to the next step.
- Clean the humidifier using only distilled water so that the minerals accumulate well. Also, after the heater plate has cooled down, you can slowly remove the tube from the top of the chamber and then remove the chamber from the base. You can easily wash the chamber and feed tubes with warm, soapy water. At the end, you can wash off the soapy stuff and then let it air dry.
- After you have washed and dried each of the pieces individually, you can now put them back together. First, you need to connect the headgear with the mask, fixing it on the tube. Then connect the tube to the humidifier or directly to the CPAP machine. Turn on the machine to see if there are any air leaks.
Like any other medical device, you should thoroughly clean your CPAP machine. Remember that the bacteria and dirt accumulated on the mask are harmful to you. Therefore, regular cleaning will help the machine last longer.