A great number of people today suffer from various lifestyle diseases like hypertension, diabetes, and obesity. Anouk Govil mentions that the problem of obesity is majorly caused by unhealthy eating and lifestyle habits that are prevalent among people today. He says one of the best ways to reduce the risk of obesity would be to take part in some kind of outdoor activity daily. Being in the open air and fresh surroundings can help in reducing the problems of hypertension as well.
Outdoor activities can have long term health benefits for both children and adults. Many of these activities significantly help in stimulating the blood cells of the body and reducing obesity. Anouk Govil additionally highlights that outdoor recreation is enjoyable for all, whether they are men, women, or children. Carrying out physical exercise while being outdoors provides all people with a great way to truly enjoy their natural surroundings, and spend time in the fresh air.
Anouk Govil mentions in the fast-paced life of today not many people get time to enjoy sometime in the fresh air and truly admire the beauty of their nature. By opting to perform their workout or physical exercise outdoors, people can take a step towards staying active, while also getting a chance to discover incredible wonders of nature. He says that there are numerous benefits of choosing to participate in outdoor activities. Here are a few of them:
- Outdoor activities are great for fitness, and can be performed with family and friends, as well as in solitude. People may even join their local recreational sports team for this purpose.
- There are a plethora of outdoor activities available in which people can participate. Racket and ball sports, hiking, canoeing, and swimming are some of the most enjoyable outdoor activities that are likely to keep people motivated and encourage them to stay on their workout routine.
- In addition to being great for the physical fitness of people, there are multiple social advantages of outdoor activities as well. Moreover, both adults and children can enjoy these social benefits. Taking part in any group sports significantly helps people to meet new people and build long-lasting friendships.
- Carrying out a physical exercise in the open air can be quite helpful in reducing the stress levels of people, and may even assist in preventing certain cases of depression. Physical activities are known to be quite effective in reducing anxiety, and carrying these activities in the midst of natural surroundings can especially be helpful in acquiring relief for anxiety and depression.
- Taking part in outdoor activities can also be great for the self-confidence and self-esteem of people, majorly due to the reduction in stress caused by these exercises. Physical activities also assist in boosting the general sense of well-being among people. Moreover, with consistent physical exercise, people would invariably become fitter which would naturally boost their self-confidence levels.
Anouk Govil highlights that all people should at least carry out at least one type of physical exercise every day to stay fit and healthy.